1. Only full submissions (i.e. complete scores + report) received by 15
April 2007 (11:59PM +8GMT, China Standard Time) via the "Online
Submissions" page will be considered.Only one submission per team is allowed.
2. Entries will be ranked in terms of the Area Under the Receiver
Operating Characteristic Curve (AUC) that will be computed by us based
on the prediction set scores submitted.A useful discussion about this metric can be found at
http://www.anaesthetist.com/mnm/stats/roc/. Additional information is
also readily available via Google. A sample template of how to approximate AUC can be obtained from the downloads section (in the participant login area).
3. Champion, First Runner-Up, and Second Runner-Up will be awarded to the teams with highest, second highest, and third highest AUC. The organizing committee reserves the right to determine ties and to implement tie-breaking procedures (possibly including the qualitative judging of submitted reports) if they consider it necessary. Alternatively the committee might consider reducing the overall number of awards if they choose to accept ties for some awards.
4. Submitted reports, and announcement of final winners will be available on this website by 1 May 2007. Decisions by the organizing committee are final.
5. Winning teams will be notified via email and will be awarded a commemorative plaque (proudly sponsored by SAS Institute, China) during the PAKDD Conference in May 2007.
6. Selected participants will be invited to prepare extended papers to be published in the International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining
Nathaniel B. Noriel (Chair) -Singapore Institute of Statistics
Prof. Junping Zhang (Judge) -Fudan University (China)
Guo-Zheng Li (Judge) -Shanghai University (China)
SAS Institute (China)