You will start the wonderful journey by reading
a simple and short tutorial of dealing with images using matlab, which provides
the basic techniques you need to accomplish the assignments.
1 Submission server: ftp://lamda.nju.edu.cn/dip13
2 Your assignment should be submitted BEFORE due date
3 The submitted file and codes shoud be organised according to the specification in each assignment. Resubmit
your assignment if
you are not in the accepted
list after the submission by
Q: Why the submitted file need to be well organised?
We will use programme to automatically check your submissions and run you codes.
In fact, such organization
shouldn't bother you, since we will provide enough materials so that you only need
to "fill the blank".
Q: Does getting accepted mean full marks?
No, getting accepted only gives you the qualification for being evaluated.
Q: Then how the assignments are evaluated?
We look into serveral aspects including: the results of your code on test images; how far and deep your idea is, from the given baseline solution; how much work has you completed. An assignment which only implements our baseline solution will get a very low mark.
Q: Can we accomplish the assignments as a form of group?
No, all the assignments are for individuals.
5 Q: Can
I use some other programming languages rather than Matlab?
A: No. The assignments are asked to accomplished using Matlab only
due to many reasons:
(1) Most DIP courses of top universities like
stanford are using Matlab.
(2) Most research codes of digital image processing, computer vision are
distributed as Matlab codes. If you are going to enhance your ability in your futher
research life, you need to get familiar with Matlab.
(3) If you just want to learn and use some image processing methods, starting
with Matlab is a good choice. You can find a lot of related resources, and the efficiency of matlab is good enough for this course.
(4) DIP is a practical course, if we would allow other programming languages in the future, the choices will only be
C/C++ (OpenCV) or java (DIP in android), since they are widely used in real applications.
But it's not ready yet.
Accepting assignments with multiple language will increase the workload of evalueting all your assignments.
(6) It's hard and unfair to compare two assignments writen in different languages.
(7) If you are already skilled in some other languages that you ask us to allow you to use in this course,
why not learn a new
language from the beginning, just like the other students?
1. 提交格式：下载sample submission，不要改任何目录结构，不要改任何我们提供的接口部分的代码，不要改压缩格式。你需要做的，仅仅是：解压，目录名改成你的学号，填写代码，撰写文档，压缩zip上传。
Da, firstname.lastname@example.org, 912/913, CS.
Chen, email@example.com, 912/913, CS.